Manipur Society for Skill Development were established with an aim :-
1. To harness the vast potential of the youth of the State, the Manipur Society for Skill Development will strive to provide quality skill development programs to improve their employability and efficiency.
2. To implement the Centrally Sponsored Schemes namely:-
i. Skill Development Initiative Scheme.
ii. Enhancing Skill Development Infrastructure in North Eastern States and Sikkim.
iii. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna.
iv. Vocational Training Improvement Project (VTIP).
v. Other similar or successor schemes
3. To organize capacity building programs for skill development.
4. To collaborate with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), National Skill Development Agency (NSDA), Directorate General of Training (DGT),Sector Skill Councils (SSC's) and other similar agencies with the objective of optimizing resources for rapid and sustained skill development in the State.
5. To conduct and support Research and Development in the Skill Development Sector to learn from innovative and emerging trends for improving livelihood.
6. To develop and support projects on Skill Development in traditional as well as sunrise sectors.
7. To document and evaluate existing training and skill development and vocational training programs and make recommendations for consideration of the State Government.
8. To create and support infrastructure both physical and human for facilitating a pool of resource persons for Skill Development in the State.
9. To evaluate skills of existing trainers and support upgrading and re-skilling through Training of Trainers (ToT) programs.